Referral Base Is Key
Much is made of how real estate agents are always doing business “by referral only” and mention that the best compliment you can give them is a referral of a family member, friend, or associate. This is on business cards, email signatures, personalized notepads and perhaps even hanging on a sign in real estate offices. But how do all these real estate agents go about building the referral base they seek? We’d like to share with you some of their tricks of the trade.
- Always be involved in your community: This doesn’t just mean involvment in your community to secure buyers and listings, but also when it has NOTHING to do with real estate. Get to know the people living in your community. Become an advocate for these issues and make yourself a local presence, for everything that isn’t about your own self-interest, and you will start to your referral base grow.
- Pick a Non-Profit You Are Passionate About, and Support It: This gives you an opportunity to do work that you care about. It also helps build a network of like-minded people. What’s more, non-profits are generally led by successful people whom are more likely to transact in real estate, and eventually be a boost to your bottom line. See? It really is all for a good cause!
- Be A Resource for Others: One of the best ways for people to remember you as a savvy business person is to always have what they need, right then. This means knowing the right contractor, plumber, electrician, landscaper, photographer and hairdresser at a moment’s notice. Being the resource people trust in the business community will help you build relationships. In time, this will lead to reciprocity amongst your referral base.
- Pick A Strong Networking Group: Many industry veterans will tell you that belonging to a networking group is a must. BNI, Toastmasters, Le Tip, ProVisors and other networking groups are all great options. These groups are crucial to building your networking skills and referral base. However, it is crucial to pick the right group. If the whole group is new to their business together, this will be a slower path towards growth.
- All The face time: In today’s world of modern day technology, we have more ways than ever to avoid actually sitting and talking with other people. We can email, text, call, Facebook Message, Tweet or Snapchat all of our contacts. We’re to the point where getting face time is not the same thing as FaceTime. We humans are social creatures, and the best way to stay top of mind is the old fashioned way. This means being in the same place at the same time, and having meaningful conversations. So schedule coffee, lunch, drinks, dinners, gym sessions or walks on the beach. Spend time with people. People who enrich you both personally and professionally, and whom have genuine interest in your business. The ROI on this time spent with another real live human is the best way to grow your referral base.
Express Cash Flow provides commission advances for real
estate agents and brokers. Check us out at www.ExpressCashFlow.com or call us at 844-818-2274.